CT's GK tips
If you’re looking to improve your game between the sticks, then look no further for advice than England goalkeeper Carly Telford.
The Chelsea stopper made her Lionesses debut in 2007 and helped her country win a historic gold medal at the 2015 World Cup.
Carly has trained for thousands of hours to get to where she is today – and she reveals her top five tips to help you develop:
• “Firstly, and quite importantly, don’t be scared of the ball because it won’t hurt you, trust me.
• “Embrace being different – most goalkeepers are!
• “Train with boys when you’re young if you get the chance. It will benefit you in the long run.
• “Be in a good starting position, feet and hands shoulder-width apart. Always be ready for the ball.
• “Finally, it’s always better to try and save the ball with two hands rather than one, if possible.”
If you’ve already got a pair of gloves and are ready to go, why not join a club near you?