Girls’ Football Week (23-29 April) is just around the corner so you should be starting to think about what you need to bring with you to a session.
If this will be the first time you’ve ever played the game, don’t worry; we’ve got you covered!
Here’s England star Ellen White with a few suggestions for your kit bag:
• “The first item is pretty obvious but you’ll need football boots or some sports trainers.
• “I’d also wear shin pads to protect your legs from tackles.
• “A drinks bottle is essential. Take little sips throughout the session, or during a drinks break, to keep you hydrated. Water’s fine but you can add some squash if you want.
• “You might want to bring a snack with you if it’s a long session. A banana or a piece of fruit for example.
• “If you’ve got long hair you’ll need to bring a hairband and some clips to keep your hair out of your eyes.
• “I always pack a hat and gloves just in case. You never know what the weather is going to be like so it’s always best to be prepared! I’d also bring a cap and some sun cream in case it’s hot and sunny.
• “But the most important thing to bring with you is a smile. Make sure enjoy it, have fun and make new friends.”
Players: To take part in Girls’ Football Week visit TheFA.com/GirlsFootballWeek
Organisers: To host an event for Girls’ Football Week visit FAGirlsFootballWeek.com